Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Monday 30 June 2014

Review: Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

Author: Wendy Higgins
Publisher: HarperTeen
Page Count:  379 pages, Paperback
Date Published: April 29th 2014
Find it on Goodreads: Sweet Reckoning
Source: Purchased Online

It’s time.
Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.
The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.
In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.




Alrighty, let's get one thing straight: I am rating this novel purely on sheer enjoyment. I loved this book. I loved this series in general, but was so, SO happy with the finale! There are some things that I noticed were a little off, but in the end, it was just a story that I could escape into, not having to think about the world outside the pages. I was worried it would be disappointing, but my worries were pretty much futile. Wendy Higgins pulled off another incredible novel with characters that I love, a story line that I actually cared about, (no matter how predictable it was) and a lore that I find so fascinating.... and let's not forget to mention the SWOON FEST that is this book. HOLY MOLY guys, I was reading this...certain part, after a certain event in the story, in a very public and busy mall food court and let's just say, my cheeks were a littleeeee red. Or maybe a lot. Yeah. 




Anywho, basically Sweet Reckoning just wrapped up the trilogy really nicely, and while there wasn't a huge conflict-filled finale  with lots of action, there was resolution and it was just plain enjoyable. Usually I'm not one who's like yay a happy ending whoooo, but for this story I just really needed these characters to be happy. The epilogue was probably one of the cutest scenes I've ever read and considering I had read this book after a terrible week, it was exactly what I needed. I'm not going to recommend this series by saying it's super complex and deep or anything like that. I'm going to recommend this series to those of you who want an interesting lore, a gorgeous romance, and characters you'll actually care about. I read most of this book with a huge smile on my face, due to the warm, family-based feeling throughout the book and the bonds and connections that the characters made and kept. This might not be the series for everyone, but it's definitely one of my not-so-guilty guilty pleasure series that I can fangirl about with my best friend who also read it, which puts it up at the top with some of my other favourite paranormal romances. 



Did you read this series? What did you think of the finale? Did you swoon as much as I did? 


Happy reading!
~Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...