Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best/Worst Movie Adaptations


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week's topic  is : Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations. This is a hard one for me, because book-movie adaptations are a challenging topic when it comes to how I feel about them. Normally, when I read a book that is then turned into a movie, I try not to let how I feel about the book affect how I feel about the movie. That's why I'm actually excited about the City of Bones movie, even though I strongly disliked the book.... I'm going to do a full discussion post on this one day, soon, but I'll just quickly explain: 

I don't compare a lot of the movie to the book. Sure, if there is a significant change to the movie, I'll notice and it might make me frown, but I try not to let my feelings intermingle between the two... When there are actors and actresses playing characters I've already imagined in my head, it's hard for me to see it as the same thing. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I guess I'll just do this list as book-movie adaptations that I really enjoyed. It's not so much as how they compared to the book, but actually how the movie was. 

So, here are ten nine movie adaptations that I enjoyed, even if they weren't as good as the book/changed a lot from the book! (THESE ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)



1.  Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist -- Michael Cera just... *sigh*
2. The Hunger Games -- I know, I know. A bunch of people hated the movie, but I liked it quite a bit! Jennifer Lawrence is awesome and well, even though a ton of people were disappointed, I loved Josh as Peeta.
3. Harry Potter 1-8 -- Um... DUH. These are my FAVOURITE book-to-movie adaptations of all time.
4. The Great Gatsby -- Some people hated it, some people loved it. I thought it was fantastic and was once again impressed by Baz Luhrmann's directing and of course, Leo <3
5. Pride & Prejudice -- This has been one of my favourite movies since I was eight years old. I can watch this again and again and not get bored.





6. To Kill a Mockingbird -- Such a classic, this was one we watched in school and I loved it.
7. Romeo and Juliet -- Another Baz Luhrmann and another Leo... What more can I say?
8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower -- Emma Watson and Logan Lerman in one movie? Plus the beauty that is Ezra Miller? <33
9. P.S. I Love You -- This is one of my dad's favourite movies and it always reminds me of him and our trip to Ireland. 
10. Breaking Dawn pt. 2 -- I get it, people hate this series. But this book/movie series is one that I read/watched with my mum and the finale was pretty fantastic in my mind. It tore my heart in two and then put it back together and I just.... the fight scene was pretty dang cool, okay? And Robert Pattinson is one of my favourite actors, no questions asked. 

As I said, these are movies that were adapted from books I've read that I enjoyed, even if they go off from the books. I liked the movies and I'm not ashamed of that. There are more book-to-movies that I've enjoyed, but I have yet to read the book (Fight Club, Devil Wears Prada...) so I can't add it to this list. Actually, I'm going to put in a favourite Book-to-TV of mine, just because I can't leave it out... Can you guess? Probably..




11. Sherlock -- I just... I just... gahhhh

 Alright, there's my top ten of the week! Leave me a link to your top ten this week and I'll check it out!

Happy reading!
~Kristy

5 comments:

  1. I chose The Perks of Being a Wallflower too, I was pleasantly surprised by it. And Romeo + Juliet - I totally forgot about that, but I love this adaptation! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I loved Perks of Being a Wallflower, Harry Potter, Nick and Nora and Hunger Games as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list. I was thinking about putting a tv show in mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with you with Harry Potter. I thought they were fabulous adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was so impressed by P.S. I Love You, i tear myself bed


    birdsflower

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...